It’s far too easy to just say “let’s put an ad in the newspaper”, without considering whether that’s the right choice.
For many small town businesses, Radio is actually a far more affordable and effective advertising media. Nothing can beat the impact of a well-written (i.e., motivational) radio ad, coupled with frequent exposure. Unlike newspaper ads, radio ads are more than just ink on paper. And unlike TV ads, the audience isn’t in the bathroom when your commercial airs.
Radio advertising can help your business generate more traffic, generate more sales and increase your profit. And isn’t that why you’re in business in the first place?
Top five reasons to advertise on Radio / FM
1) An Intrusive Marketing Platform – Radio / FM plays an active role in the listener’s life. At home, at work, in the car or even in the shower, radio is everywhere! A print advertisement can be missed at the turn of a page, however you can’t switch off your ears!
2) A frequency medium – a radio campaign doesn’t comprise of just one advertisement on publication day, a typical radio campaign will consist of a minimum of at least 30 ads broadcast over a week.
3) Inexpensive Advertising Platform – Advertising on radio is very cost effective, this allows greater flexibility in your campaign. Commercial messages can easily be adapted or varied to react to external circumstances. The unit price of each commercial is also cost effective, this allows for greater repetition of message and therefore greater penetration of the target market.
4) Immeasurable Reach – radio is universal, it can be heard in or outdoors, in towns and villages, 24 hours and it has no cover price.
5) Radio is personal – listeners turn to local radio for news, weather, traffic and travel, sport and entertainment news. Listeners rely on this information and trust their station to provide accurate and up to date information. The strategic placement of your commercial messages around key information provision will ensure high levels of listener retention.